Saturday 3 December 2011

Five Plus 1! Six tracks that have made an impression on me. Each and every Friday (ish) (wk#11)

I am always getting excited by new music. Some of which is not new but I am just discovering it. Sometimes via one of my music students, music colleagues, or friends, family... even foes. They all count. Music is often life changing. It can really affect you in an amazing way. I am blessed to have music as a hobby and a job. What joy. Here are a few tracks that I'd like to share this week. Any suggestions or recommendations do let me know. Love and peace.

1 Glorious. Hungry Ghosts from Australia I believe. Love the unison (at times) violin and accordion.

2 I really can not listen to enough of The Pierces. Saw them at Bush Hall in London back in the summer. This is from one of their earlier albums. Darker and more poignant but also love their new music. Massive talent.

3 Since I was a nipper I've loved Kate Bush. Haven't got my head around the new album yet but this one really moved me. Stunning song. Stunning voice. Epic in a fragile and innocent way.

4 Strange one this. Sometimes the secret of a good song is to make it sound like loads of other tracks without anyone being able to name them. I think this is one of them. Quite trippy video as well!

5 Loved this guys music and of course his beard for many years. Wonderful.

Plus 1! Ok, Ok, Ok don't judge me. This is superb. Don't care what you say. She is still the pop princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment