Friday 14 October 2011

Five Plus 1 - 6 tracks that I love. Each and every Friday (Wk#4)

A random but loved selection of six tracks each and every Friday. Some have been posted by friends on facebook, music students, some I have loved for years, some are new and some are very old. All seem great (to me). Thoughts?

Oh and this week I have made a note of who has shared this with me or where the inspiration to post has come from.
I really wanted to keep it all Female artists this week but I had to slip in some Stones albeit performing 'Angie'. Oh and Brazilian Girls does have the wonderful Sabina Sciubba as lead vocalist.

1


First heard this track as a kid. I had a CBS compilation which had this track on it. Strange how all these years later it still sounds damn good. What a talent she was.
2


Thanks to Jamie (one of my guitar students) for sharing this (and many other great tracks) with me. Fabulous track. Fabulous voice!
3

What can said about Nico? Crazy. Crazy Cool. I bought this album as a kid on an exchange trip to Germany. Stunning album. Stunning track.
4


Again a distant but strong memory as kid learning guitar, playing and hearing this stunning and delicate Stones song.
5


Thanks to playwright and radio presenter Craig Avery for this one. The very talented Christina Coronel.
Plus 1


Wonderful band - Great songs - Very eccentric. And a video with more Fez wearers than you can shake a fez at. Including a Monkey in a Fez! I remember spending a crazy time back stage in a box room at the Cobden Club with these guys. Madness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment